Bracey’s Nursing Solutions
Killeen, Texas 76549
All trademarks or registered trademarks on this site are owned by the respective owners.
Website Design by e-
Copyright © 2010-
Nurse Refresher Course for RN’s and LVN’s
The nurse refresher course is designed to assist nurses who have been out of the clinical setting for 3 or more years by updating knowledge, skills and current understanding of the Texas Board of Nursing Examiners Rules and Regulations Eligibility.
1. Sign and submit completed application
a. Preceptor agreement
b. Immunization form
c. Criminal History Check Form
d. Current CPR
e. Current/ temporary license
f. Negative Drug Test
2. There are no refunds
Admission to or completion of the course does not guarantee obtaining a license to practice or employment. Licensure requirement and other procedures are the exclusive right of the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. Participants must satisfy all the requirements.
Course Fee $1,200.00 May pay all of fee up front
or Must Pay Deposit $ 600.00 if not paid in full prior to class.
Set of Purple Scrubs
Current drug test
Transportation to class/clinical
1. Update skills and knowledge of nurses re-
2. Return with confident knowledge to provide safe patient care.
3. Collect data sufficient for assessment of patient needs.
4. Provide patient care including performing treatments.
5. Administer and document non-
6. Administer and document IV medications.
7. Assist Care team in implementing plan of care.
8. Document on flow sheets and multidisciplinary note
9. Evaluate the effectiveness of nursing interventions
10. Identify the nurse’s responsibilities in relation to common diagnostic tests. Procedures, treatments and medications.
11. Follow the principles of aseptic techniques.
12. Implement appropriate nursing interventions in routine situations.
13. Explain the roles and function of the various health team members.
14. Administer and document non-
15. Administer and document IV medications.
16. Assist Care team in implementing plan of care.
17. Document on flow sheets and multidisciplinary note
18. Evaluate the effectiveness of nursing interventions
19. Identify the nurse’s responsibilities in relation to common diagnostic tests. Procedures, treatments and medications.
20. Follow the principles of aseptic techniques.
21. Implement appropriate nursing interventions in routine situations.
Braceys Nursing Solutions has the right to refuse admission to the course, if it is determined that the applicant is not physically or emotionally able to safely provide patient care OR shows incompetency or lacking nursing skills
2. Clinical competence
3. Critical thinking, plan, direct and coordinate nursing care for assigned clients.
4. Leadership and management skills
Requirements for Completion:
1. Pass medication test with a score of 80% or better.
2. No more than three absences during course. Three full day’s absence or three clinical and three class sessions.
3. Completion of all didactic, clinical and preceptor requirements,
4. Accounts paid in full
Criminal Background Check and Drug and/or Alcohol Testing are Not Required
Completion of program does not guarantee job placement